In my previous blog post , I have explained about Ansible and how to Install and configure Ansible on Centos 7
In this blog post , We will learn about Ansible Tower and how to install and configure Ansible Tower on Centos.
What is Ansible Tower?
- Ansible Tower is a web-based solution that makes Ansible even more easy to use for IT teams of all kinds.
- It’s designed to be the hub for all of your automation tasks.
- Tower is free for usage for up to 10 nodes, and comes bundled with amazing support from Ansible, Inc.
- We can centralize and control IT infrastructure with a visual dashboard, role-based access control, job scheduling, integrated notifications and graphical inventory management.
Ansible Tower has the following requirements.
- Minimum 2 CPUs is required.
- Minimum 4 GB RAM is needed.
- Ansible version 2.8 (minimum) is required.
- PostgreSQL version 10 is required to run Ansible tower 2.7 or later.
- 64-bit kernel and runtime support is required.
- 20 GB Hard Disk is required
Supported Operating Systems
- Centos 7 64-bit
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit
- Centos 6 64-bit
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 64-bit
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 64-bit
Installation of Ansible Tower
Before we install Ansible Tower , We should have Ansible and PostgreSQL Installed on the operating system.
Once you have installed Ansible and PostgreSQL Database on the server , We can go ahead and install Ansible Tower.
Make sure you have root or sudo privileges to the system.
Register with the corporate email address to download Ansible Tower ,
You will receive an email of confirmation and the Ansible tower can be downloaded.
Once the ansible tower package (ansible-tower-setup-bundle-version.tar.gz) is downloaded you can upload it to the server where ansible tower should be installed.
We need to extract the ansible tower package.
tar -xvzf ansible-tower-setup-bundle-version.tar.gz
After the package is extracted , We need to setup inventory file (inventory), Where we need to setup admin_password , pg_password passwords.
Once added , Save and close the file.
Run the setup to start the installation , But Before running that script , make sure you have stopped the existing postgreSQL service on the server.
The script will automatically start the postgresql service during setup.It will also setup nginx on the server.
It will take some time to complete the setup , Once it is completed , You should get a response as shown below.
To check the status of the ansible tower , Run the below command.
To stop and to start the ansible tower service , Use the below command.
To check the status of ansible tower services , Run the below command.
Now Access the Ansible tower web interface using the server’s Public IP address , The default username is admin and the password is that you have configured on the inventory file.
You will get the below page.
Once logged in you will see the following page.
Click Browse to upload the license , Accept the license agreement and Submit , If you don’t have license then you can download the free trail here and you can follow the same procedure for installation.
We have successfully installed and configured ansible tower on Centos 7.
Thanks for reading.Hope you find it helpful.
Please do check out my other publications.